Friday, October 31, 2008

Part 2- LUKE'S COSTUME





So, this is what happened. I knew that Luke would be picky about costumes, so I planned for him to be Bob the Builder. I bought overalls and a flannel shirt. Nice and comfy- nothing weird for him to complain about. I even made a tool belt, which took some time. He loves his plastic tools and I thought he would love to wear the tool belt. Well....WRONG. A couple of days ago he started telling me that he wasn't going to wear his costume. I just ignored him or changed the subject. Tonight when it was time to put his costume on, he totally freaked out. He would NOT wear it, none of it. We told him he needed to wear a costume to go trick-or-treating, so he decided he wanted to wear his church clothes. Fine, whatever. We had plans to go out to dinner at Mimi's, and I just wanted to go. So, he wore his church clothes with his headset, which he loves to play with (only, as you can see from the picture, he likes to wear it in his own unique way). So, he was not Bob the Builder, as I had planned for months. He was a....telemarketer? Salesman? Software engineer? He was Luke- it was great. Then, at the restaurant, his pants got filthy and he needed to be changed. The only spare pants in the van were a pair of jeans. So, costume-take 3, became a pair of jeans w/ a shirt and tie. Here are the pics of costume #1, #2, and #3.

2 comments:

emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emily said...

Luke looks like a seminary teacher! He did his uncle Mark proud. Happy After Halloween! Watch out for cavities and stomach aches. Love, Mark.