Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkins 1983


I'm guessing this picture was taken around 1983. I would've been almost 7 - isn't that when kids are missing their front teeth? Anyway, now that I have my own kids and nieces and nephews, I love to look back at my childhood photos. Pumpkins were a big deal to Jamie, Matt, and I. I specifically remember that Jamie always got a small, perfectly shaped, blemish-free pumpkin. I think that Matt always got the biggest pumpkin and carved the scariest face. I tried to copy both of them without making it look obvious. Jamie still reminds me today of how much I used to copy her and how much it annoyed her. As the youngest, that's something I can't understand, because no one ever copied me! J - imitation is the highest form of flattery! *Thanks, Matt, for scanning this picture for me!

1 comment:

emily said...

at least you weren't youngest and *fourth*born like me, then you would've always had to have a runty green pumpkin. all other types always had dibs--at least until i could talk, maybe . . .