
We really weren't planning on going to the ward Christmas party tonight, but little did we know...
2 days ago the sister in charge of the Christmas program called me, frantic, because Mary and Joseph had an out-of-town emergency (note to self: get caller ID! Avoid calls from Sister Biggs) . Yep, we were Mary and Joseph. This must be punishment for all the Sundays we missed this year. Luke said that he wanted to go on stage with us. So, I whipped up a little shepherd's outfit for him--dress thingy, belt, donkey and lamb stuffed animal, no head piece cause I knew there was no way he'd wear that...it ended up being about 6 inches too short and looked more like a Samurai/Ninja outfit-- oops, but it was very last minute. Anyway, up on stage he marched with Mary and Joseph, and took his place next to the little baby Jesus. He did so good! We were up there about 20 minutes, and he was quiet and calm the whole time. It was awesome. He got to be part of a real life nativity scene, which I'm sure added to his understanding of Christmas. It was worth it. Lots of people took pictures, so I'll try to get some posted soon!
4 comments:
How great was that??!?!?!? Man I would have given anything to have been there! Was Lance 'baby Jesus'??? where was he during all of this? Can't wait to see some pics-how priceless! Merry Christmas Mary and Joseph and the little sheep herders!!!Love Mom
How great was that??!?!?!? Man I would have given anything to have been there! Was Lance 'baby Jesus'??? where was he during all of this? Can't wait to see some pics-how priceless! Merry Christmas Mary and Joseph and the little sheep herders!!!Love Mom
whoa!!! wow.
we're realizing that we can do an all-kid live nativity around here this year, if it doesn't matter that the baby's a girl . . .
you better make good on the pictures--i want to see them.
got your pixies almost ready--ho ho ho!
I love ward Christmas parties! I have to admit that this year was the most "rushed" Christmas Party I attended. Dad was in town and offered to let Emily and I go on a date -- we ran in, said hi, Emily played her viola (awesome!), ate food, and said bye! We hadn't been on a date in sooo long. The kids still liked it though. I'm sure we would have stuck around if we were in your ward -- I mean when are Joseph and Mary family?!
Post a Comment