Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Busy Little Elves

Luke and I made about 5 dozen Christmas crayons yesterday for our Sunbeam class. We peeled wrappers until our fingertips hurt. Then Luke tested one out and discovered that they don't work very well. Whoops. We used the big crayons from the dollar store because I thought they were easier than the Crayola to peel. I've made them before with Crayola crayons and they worked great. If only Crayola sold wrapper-less crayons! Million dollar idea!! What to do about my little Sunbeams? The last thing I want is an angry Sunbeam mob on my hands. Ideas?

2 comments:

emily said...

i'm impressed. i tried to do that with a big bag of crayons from simon's art teacher and nearly lost my fingertips and my mind. soooo hard to peal enough to make anything from.

just tell the sunbeams to get out their aggression and push REALLY hard.

you have NO IDEA how much rapture your box caused in the house the other day--and mark hasn't even let us open any of the presents yet. soooooo excited!!! you're great!

Karen said...

Wow, what a great idea. How did you shape them? You could poke or drill a hole into each one at the top and put a string through for ornaments. I do like the "push REALLY hard" idea too. Good luck.