Monday, February 8, 2010

One of Those Days


Today I went to the eye doctor for round 4 of contact lenses. I've finally got the hang of getting them in and out, now if we (Um- the eye doctor) could just get the prescription right. I asked the doctor if there should ever be an instance (like this weekend, when I was trying to read my People magazine) when you need to wear glasses over the contacts, to which he laughed and said, "NO!" This couldn't be any more un-funny to me...raise your hand if you've ever brought a 2 year old to the eye doctor. It takes some serious skills to read an eye chart and watch out for a 2 year old (who's very interested in the very expensive and very fragile equipment in the room) at the same time. There just has to be a career out there for me after this is all over. Who cares how fast I can type or how much "experience" I have? Come on, people! I can look in two directions at one time!

So, the day just gets better and better because Lance is sick and needs to go to the doctor. And, as all you moms know, whenever you call for a same day appointment the only time that is available is the more-precious-than-gold nap time. That's just the way it always is, so get used to it.

I'm sorry for my over-use of bold in this post...the added emphasis just makes me feel better.

I am fine. Lance is fine. As soon as Matt gets home I will go and fetch Lance's prescription. Lance wants his medicine to be "gubble gum" flavor. He loves gubblegum and has successfully chewed it 2 times without swallowing! How about those skills?

No comments: