Sunday, March 14, 2010
Discoveries
We went to Discovery Kingdom on Saturday. It was a great day with perfect weather and happy kids. Lance just couldn't believe his luck that he got to ride Thomas the Train and Harold the Helicopter over and over again. This morning he bawled when he asked if he could see Thomas again and we said, "not today." I have a feeling he's going to ask to go see Thomas every morning for awhile. Luke rode lots of different rides, but not really for the thrill. He was much more interested in how they worked. As we were spinning at top speed on the teacups, he was explaining to me..."you see those screws? Well, they are attached to this pole and then..." One thing he really loved was the butterfly exhibit. He was so determined to hold a butterfly. He held his little hand out the whole time, waiting and hoping that one would land on him. I was so happy when we found one that was down low. He was able to get it to crawl onto his hand, and I think it was one of his happiest moments ever. He held it for quite awhile, just quietly looking at it. Later we went to feed the birds, and he really liked that too. On the way home I asked him if he wanted to be a butterfly keeper when he grows up. He said, "No, an electrician." Such a fun Saturday with new experiences and memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment