Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pre-K No More





Luke will never again be in Prick-ay, as he calls it. Today he graduated in perhaps the cutest graduation ceremony ever. On the way to the ceremony I got a little sentimental... thinking about the end of preschool, then high school, then college, then him getting married, and then him having a kid that graduates from prick-ay. Ridiculous, I know! At least I got that out of the way in the car so I could watch his performance through non-teary eyes.

After the performance we got a portfolio filled with little samplings of his work over the past year. My favorite page had the heading, "What does Valentine's Day mean to you?" Luke's response was, "It means how much you love each other. You give a little present to someone you love."

Afterwards, we celebrated at a place called The Jungle. It's basically a huge tunnel/ball-pit place and the worst nightmare of a 6'4" dad. Oh, and it probably hasn't been cleaned in 10 years. Matt fears we will all come down with the stomach flu right before our vacation.
But, it was Lukie's day-- and what the graduate wants, he gets!
Good job Luke!

3 comments:

The Reegs said...

Congrats Lukester on your graduation!

We are all very proud of you down here in San Diego.

I like your career choice too. I work with Electric Engineers and they are all much smarter then me.

I hope to see you and your Bro soon.

Pop pop Reeg

The Snead Family said...

congrats luke! LOVE the pics- especially the one of them both comin down the yellow tube.and he is just beaming in the others-sooo cute.

Pomona Noltes said...

Yes, that's a great pic in the slide! Love it! Luke's so dang cute, in his graduation pics. Thanks for posting! Just keep writing things down and taking pictures, and at least you'll remember all of his graduations when you're a great grandma someday. :(