Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Blanket




These are seriously the saddest pictures I have ever taken in my life, but I couldn't help myself! I had to document just how much Lance's blanket means to him. He has been attached to this blanket since he was about 6 months old. It is the blanket that we used to have slung over our couch, and somehow he fell in love with it and now it is his one and only blanket, and one of the few precious things that we would save in the event that our house was on fire! Anyway, washing the blanket is a real challenge, because I have to sneak it away from Lance for about and hour and 15 minutes. If he sees me carrying it towards the washer, he absolutely freaks out until I give it back to him. So, it doesn't get washed nearly as much as it should. But, today Lance has a bad cold and a very runny nose. The blanket has been doubling as a tissue all day, and I can only imagine the cocktail of germs on it. So, I washed it. As I was transferring it into the dryer, he caught me. Here are the pictures of his reaction as I quickly shoved it into the dryer. I couldn't stand to see him so sad, so I got it out and he is now snuggled up to his very damp blanket!! An hour until bedtime and somehow I have to get the blanket dried. Ahh, but I am off to the gym, so Matt can handle it on his shift. Sorry Matt!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! So fun to see your blog! I didn't know you had one! Hooray! How sad for Lance and his poor blanket!

Pomona Noltes said...

Oh man...we go through the same thing with Lou's blanky He calls it his "Twinkle Star Blanky" cuz it has stars on it, but he has shortened the name to "Twinkley." I seriously just washed it yesterday and he slept all night with it damp. Oh, the weird things we deal with.