
Lance had his 15 month check up today, which I have been mentally preparing for all week. I don't know about the rest of you, but doctor appointments are a huge (bad) deal for us. L&L rank up there with the biggest of freaker-outers. Well...the doctor decided to give them both flu shots, which I hadn't prepared Luke for. I gave him a quick pep talk and hoped for the best. When the doctor came in with the shot, she told me to get Luke's arm out of his shirt. Well, if looks could kill, this doctor would be dead. He marched up to her with his little outstretched arm, finger pointed right at her face (like, a centimeter from her eyeball) , and said, "NO." It was crazy. I was so shocked and embarrassed. I tried to apologize, but there was no time. To make a very long, loud and painful story short, I had to alligator wrestle him out of his shirt while also tending to a very freaked-out Lance. If only I had 4 arms. What's worse-- this appointment or 2 kids with the flu? I honestly can't say...this appointment was pretty bad. I feel like I need to spend the rest of the day in bed...kinda like I have the flu. WEIRD.
3 comments:
ahhh. I feel your pain! I didn't have to imagine too hard how horrible that appt. was!
Hopefully a half hour of screaming is better than 3 days of barf.
I'm sure the doctor has seen it all. Good job Lukie, everybody REALLY wants to say NO!!
Love,
Gammy
oh man! yes the embracing moments we have to face but i agree with Luke, just say NO! HHEHEHE!
oh lindsay you did great...not many have the talent to wrestle an alligators...
Post a Comment