
Luke is a Sunbeam now! Matt and I spied on him a few times in his new class and it was really cute. For the first 45 minutes he was in his classroom, and the teacher had them all sitting around a table. They were doing something with stuffed animals, and all I could see was Luke looking up at her, kind of squinting through his little glasses. Then they went to Sharing Time. About 10 minutes later they brought him to me because he had started to cry. I was really impressed that he made it for so long. I also thought that he would want me to stay with him. I asked him what his favorite part was, and he said it was the Ring Pop. I guess they sang a song to welcome the new kids and let them pick a prize--fun times!
2 comments:
Congratulations Luke! Momentous occasion!
Alli started sunbeams too--complete with a teacher who nicknames herself Sister Silly (it's really seeley) and brings bubbles and cookies every week. She liked getting to pick a song in Sharing Time and was stoked to get to bring home a brown lunch bag with all her papers (like Simon's been doing for years). Simple pleasures and happy times.
I'm glad Luke did so well--it's hard being the firstborn.
Post a Comment