
Yesterday Lance fell off the bench at Costco while eating lunch. He landed hard on the cement floor. Nightmare. He wouldn't stop crying. We knew he was hurt, but didn't know where. We took him to urgent care, where they were most concerned about his head. They gave us the all clear and we went home. When we got home, he was still having fits of crying, and Matt noticed he wasn't using his right arm. It was limp. So, we took him to the ER. They x-rayed his little arm and saw some swelling in the elbow. They decided there was probably a small fracture in the elbow and put him in a splint. It's so sad. I feel horrible. Luckily, he seems to be feeling OK. The splint bothered him at first. He kept saying, "stuck!" He wanted the thing off! Today he seems normal. He's doing all the stuff he usually does, just with one arm. He's a little trooper! Tomorrow he goes to see an orthopedic specialist. I am hoping he won't have to be in a cast for too long. Lance wants you all to know, "Just because I have a fractured elbow doesn't mean I can't kick your booty at Connect 4! I rock!"
4 comments:
Oh, poor Lance. I'm glad he has gotten used to the cast so quickly. Kids are amazing.
Ouch! I am so sorry to hear about this. Poor little dude. Scary too, I'm sure. Now Lance has Daddy's toy motorcycle, airplane, and his tweaked elbow! Perhaps he went a little too far in trying to be like Dad. I really hope he gets better soon and can still sleep. Let us know if we can help with anything. Love, Mark.
What a bummer! Tell Lance that his Aunt Aimee and Uncle John think he looks cool with his tough guy cast. Good luck dealing with it all...we'll keep you in our prayers.
Sorry, that Lance broke his arm at cosco.Is he ok?
Post a Comment